Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bad beginnings to even worse stories.

Today as I was leaving school, I overheard the beginning of a conversation that the sweeper boys were having in the hallway. The minute I heard the first sentence I knew that it was not a story I wanted to hear. It began: "There was this movie that we watched today in Health class..." No way that this story ends in a good way!


That got me thinking: in life there are some stories that from the very first sentence you just know that going to very bad places. The following are first lines to stories that never end well:


So I was in line at the D.M.V. the other day...

I took my wedding ring off to...

I was driving my Dodge minivan on the highway...

So, the Stake Executive Secretary called the other day...

My single brother bought a Jetta the other day...

There I was, in the Costco restroom...

Well, I was kissing this girl that goes to BYU...

I had to give Comcast a call the other day...

I had this tall friend in high school that was playing basketball and had braces on his teeth...

This one time, in Junior High wood shop...

I went to bikini cuts today...

I had this strange dream the other night...

After I got done eating at Chuck-A-Rama...

Last night, at the ward ball game...

On Sunday, there was this smell in the ward nursery...

And finally -

So I was jogging around Liberty Park...

By the way - GO UTES!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Super funny Abe!!!!

And with special meaning to me since I went to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner last night . . .

Lori said...

Funny...Brandon just began that conversation with me last week, "There was this movie that we watched in Health class...."

I was surprised by the rest of the story. They watched a lady give birth, baby coming out and all. He said they were lucky because they ran out of time so they didn't have to watch the slide show with pictures of STD's. What??? Oh, how times have changed.