Friday, April 18, 2008

Cathi..."The most inspirational mom/aunt put in an arduous situation for an undisclosed monetary amount."




Only one more day and two more nights of watching my sister in law's kids.  In all honesty, I am unimaginably exhausted.  I can't even imagine how Cathi is feeling.  She deserves an award of some type.  Maybe "most inspirational mom/aunt put in an arduous situation for an undisclosed monetary amount".    Sounds like a good title.  Maybe I will stop by Frank's trophies tomorrow and pick one up?

This week has been insane.  We (and by we, I mean mostly Cathi) have suffered through countless inane fights between Calder and his 3 year old cousin.  To say they don't get along is an understatement.  They both crave attention and they are both strong willed.  In addition, our niece is the ultimate drama queen.  They fight for attention like the Olson twins v. Lindsay Lohan.   This is exactly why we did not have kids so close together.  Lincoln and Calder get along stupendously and love each other.  There is not really a sibling rivalry.  We made the right call on that one.

In addition, we have lived through one night of no sleep and one night of waking up every 30 minutes.  We have also lost the dog (it has been found) and littered the house with toys. I have never seen this many toys.  I am pretty sure Mr. Magorium moved in and now lives in the basement apartment.

In spite of the shower here, overall I guess it has not been too bad.  But who am I to talk?  I am here from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM and some of that time is sleeping.  (Depending on the night.)  I do not know how my mom took care of 5 of us all those years.  She deserves a medal.  "The most embolden mother from the years 1976 - 2002".  

I must say that this has been the best form of birth control.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hmmm. This post could go either way when Lori reads it. She might be sad that it was so hard for you both OR she might expect some sympathy since it is her day-to-day life! Who cares since she's basking in the warmth of the Hawaiian sun, right!?! I hope you can survive the next 2 days!