Thursday, May 7, 2009

Caution: Wet rocks

Some funny stuff that kids have said or done lately:

I sat next to a couple girls in my class on the bus yesterday on the way to our field trip. The girls had just become friends and were clearly excited to be sitting together. "MR. CHEESEBOY!" one said, "WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON!"
"Oh yeah?" I asked. "Like what?"
"Well, both our dads work at Kennecot Copper."
I replied, "Oh, and what else?"
"WE BOTH REALLY LIKE CUPCAKES!!"
What a coincidence! What are the odds that these girls were to meet and become friends? One in 500,000? One in a million?

Saturday Cathi and I plopped Calder in front of the tube to watch a little Yo Gabba Gabba while we tried to get a few extra minutes of sleep. (It was 6:30 AM by the way) When we woke up to see what he and Lincoln had been up to, we went into the kitchen to find 6 fresh pears, all lined up in a nice, even row. Each pear had a tiny sized, toddler bite taken out of it. We brought Calder to the scene of the crime and asked him why he took one bite out of every pear. He replied, "Because I was hungry." How could we be mad? It made perfect sense.

This incident happened last year, but I do think that it is blog worthy. I was reading with a small group of kids when a boy interrupted me to give me something. The boy had a huge smile on his face as he handed me a 2 inch in diameter wet rock. I asked him, "What's this?" The boy responded, clearly proud that he was a helpful helper: "I got that out of the toilet for you."

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ahhh, yes. Very interesting things have happened at our house too when we've left a 2 and 4 year old wandering the house alone at 6:00 in the morning! :)

Tammy said...

First grade girls are so funny!