Thursday, May 14, 2009

15 school days left until summer and memories of summers gone by.


15 days! Correction: 15 school days. That is all that stands in my way of summertime bliss. Please allow me to take a trip down the Cheeseboy memory lane of summers gone by.

Summer of 92'
(Head Gear: Kick A flat top)

And think of the summers of the past

Adjust the base and let the alpine blast

Pop in my cd and let me run a rhyme

And put your car on cruise and lay back cause this is summertime.

Summer of 99'??
(Head Gear: Buzz)

I got my first real six-string

Bought it at the five-and-dime

Played 'til my fingers bled

It was summer of '99

Summer of 94
' (Head Gear: Sweet A bowl cut. Just started dating Cathi)

He got friendly, holdin' my hand

Well she got friendly, down in the sand
He was sweet, just turned eighteen
Well she was good, you know what I mean


Summer of 89'
(Head Gear - A Karate Kid bandana. Recovering from broken legs)

It's a cruel, (cruel), cruel summer
Leaving me here on my own

It's a cruel, (it's a cruel,) cruel summer
Now you're gone

Summer of 98' (Head Gear: Missionary haircut. Picturing Cathi from PA)
And I can see you

you brown skin shining in the sun
you got your hair combed back

sunglasses on baby


Summer of 90'
(Head Gear: Bad acne.)

Summertime and the livin's easy

Bradley's on the microphone with Ras-MG

All the people in the dance will agree that we're well qualified to represent the LBC

4 comments:

Tammy said...

When I read your first "rhyme" I thought you made it up! Until I got to the 2nd one. Great trip down memory lane. But now tell me, what song is the first one?

Cheeseboy said...

Fresh Prince (Will Smith) "Summertime"

sacdaddy said...

Summer of '90 was represented with the best song.

Didn't realize Cathi had brown skin.

Cheeseboy said...

Well Steve, you're right. I suppose I was referring to my other African American girlfriend at the time.