Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ugh, tagged again. This time I respond on behalf of my wife.

Good to see that the vicious cycle has ended and February 3rd has finally arrived.

More tagging. Will it ever end? Apparently, tagging has now moved to facebook. I have been tagged on facebook approximately 115 times. I have finally decided to respond to this tag, however, I shall do it on my blog, and I shall do it as if I were Cathi.

You see, Cathi does not blog, nor does she facebook. She therefore misses out on the hundreds and thousands of tags that seem to come our way on an almost daily basis. Since I am all tagged out on myself, I thought it might be interesting to do the tag, but about me lady. So, away we go...

25 Random Things About Me (Cathi)

1. Cathi loves to read. In fact, she reads 5-10 books a month, depending on how long they are. Unfortunately, most books she remembers very little about.

2. Cathi claims, and I believe it to be true, that she has never in her life remembered a dream. She claims that she either does not dream or that she can't remember them.

3. She still cannot whistle.

4. Cathi hates to shop for clothing, even for herself. She gets annoyed and winded after about two stores, or three pairs of pants, whatever comes first.

5. She is the coupon queen. I honestly do not remember the last thing I bought that we did not use a coupon for. Not only is she a coupon queen, she is one of the thriftiest people I know. This works out well as we are living on a teacher's budget and I can be quite a spender.

6. I truly believe that if she wanted to, Cathi could be a Maybeline model. Sure, I may be a little biased, but when I see the advertisements in women's magazines, I think, "Cathi is at least that pretty, probably more so."

7. Cathi can cross stitch like you wouldn't believe. There are two people on this planet that have the cross stitching skills of a superhero and those people are my mom and Cathi. Someday, I plan on having a cross stitching competition between the two to settle it once and for all.

8. Cathi "waited" for me while I was on my mission, and by "waited" I mean dated other guys and occasionally kissed them. It's a good thing I am not a jealous person. Alright, it took me a while to get over this.

9. She is the least political person I know. I have tried to get her involved in things outside her life bubble, but she could not be any less interested. Watching the world news is not on her to do list. However, I do secretly think that she must care just a bit because I saw her cry on 9-11.

10. Cathi loves to conserve energy and water. She has us on a very strict diet of darkness and turning off the water while brushing our teeth. If there is a light in a room that no one is in, I immediately feel a twinge of guilt and have to turn it off.

11. She will not start a blog or facebook, but she spend a lot of time chatting with other coupon clippers in a chat room for women looking for deals. I have no idea what this chat room is called.

12. It is my firm belief that Cathi could go to Disneyland every day of her life. When we go to Disneyland, we get there when it opens and leave when it closes. Most times we go six days in a row and she is still not tired of the place.

13. Cathi is somewhat of a picky eater. She likes her food very plain, with very little pizazz. She hates anything from the fish family.

14. She has the patience of "The Patron Saint of Women that Deal with Three Wacky Guys on a Daily Basis".

15. Her hair is naturally curly, but she thinks it looks better straight when it is short.

16. Cathi is the world's hottest crossing guard.

17. She has horrible eyesight and one of her dreams in life is to get laser surgery.

18. Cathi is very low key. She hates the being the center of attention and doing things in front of people - especially dancing.

19. Cathi thinks Ben Stiller is attractive - which actually explains a lot.

20. She is really neither a morning person or a night owl. She generally has most of her energy around the middle of the day.

21. She hates "The Big Bang Theory" but she is starting to really dig "How I Met Your Mother".

22. One of her greatest joys in life is a Coke Slurpee and boy is she sexy when she eats them.

23. For some odd reason, Cathi loves country music, her favorites being Brad Paisely, The Dixie Chicks and a bunch of other attractive women with twangy voices.

24. She can not and will not lose in any card or board game that involves speed. She has an unreal mind that can find patterns at unbelievable speeds. In over 13 years, I have never once beaten her at a game that involves doing something quickly.

25. Cathi took AP classes in High School, completed college early and likely never received below a B+ at any level of school. And yet, she married me. It is one of life's great mysteries.

I do not tag anyone and I hereby order a moratorium on tagging. NO MORE TAGGING! NOT ON BLOGGER, NOT ON FACEBOOK, NOT ANYWHERE!

7 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Funny abe! Cathi does this mean that you will Tudor me in my math class?!?!? I am with Cathi on not being into politics... BLAH, but I also did cry on 9-11!

Tammy said...

Abe I love that you did this for Cathi! Did you have to ask her anything or are these just things you know about her? She could be a model with her gorgeous curly dark hair and eyes plus dimples! And I've said this before but I think the only time I have seen Cathi cry was standing in church right after 9/11!

Reading some of these things I know it's how she was raised. We all share a love of Disneyland that must come from our childhood. Conserving water and power is from my dad. We grew up on Coke slurpees and we've always played card games but I agree that I hate playing her in Speed! She bends the cards when she's trying to hurry and win!

P.S. You get tagged so much because you have so many friends who love and care for you and want to know every little detail of your life :) Aren't you so glad you joined Facebook :)

Cheeseboy said...

Thanks sister in laws. Cathi claims she can no longer do difficult math, but I think she could figure it out rather quickly.

I knew all of these things about her - 10+ years of marriage will do that to you. Thanks for the kind words Tam.

Esther said...

I have seen Cathi cry many times. . . But it has always been because she was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down her cheeks.

Erica B said...

Okay, I have a few comments here... 1) Cathi was the QUEEN of waiting for you ... I remember her jelly bean jar with one bean per day you were gone... you were ALWAYS on her mind ... she MAY have even DREAMED about you :) 2) I still think of Cathi when I listen to country music... 3) I forgot about the Coke Slurpees... makes me want to go and get one and drive around for hours listening to country music in honor of Cathi...

Tell her HI :)

-E

Cheeseboy said...

Dr. Erica - how fun to get a message from Cathi's best pal. Thanks for reassuring me about the waiting thing. Still not sure what it is about you two and the country music?! Say hi to Urban for me.

Lori said...

What a fun post!

No big surprises on the list...but, that is kind of strange that she has never remembered a dream.