Saturday, August 23, 2008

Men's Synchronized Swimming - It's a shame that it never became a sanctioned Olympic sport.

I was watching a little synchro swim today on the NBC Olympic channel, hosted by Bob Costas.  I was impressed with how in synch synchronized swimmers can be. It's like they are a female version of the Backstreet Boys, but they do their dancing underwater.  I was reminded of this classic swim from 84'.  One of the most impressive routines of all time.

(By the way, Christopher Guest in this video is DEFINITELY warming up for his Corky chararcter on Waiting For Guffman.)

You may find the video here.

**Note: I had posted this video on the Blog O' Cheese, but every time I would open this here Blog O Cheese the video would play automatically.  You may have noticed this also.  It was VERY annoying.  Thus, I just posted the link if you want to watch it.

3 comments:

Ike said...

Pretty funny stuff. What was this on?

Cheeseboy said...

That was one of the first SNL skits I ever saw and still one of the all time classics.

Esther said...

funny.