Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lincoln's spewing chunks streak is over.

If you are a frequent reader of my blog, you know that I am a huge hypochondriac.   However, when it comes to my kids, I am a ultra-hypochondriac. So, when Lincoln started his vomiting streaks between the ages of 2-5, I freaked.  Every three to six months, Lincoln would do the "lateral cookie toss tango" every 15 minutes.  After about 6 hours of him "being a mother bird" every 15 minutes, he would be perfectly fine and want to start playing.  Well, when he had two of these "chewing backward" episodes in one month last June, I freaked out like Richard Simmons being chased by a fire extinguisher...(after I had written this post, I realized that I had just compared myself to Richard Simmons.  I just want everyone to know, I am not in any way like Richard Simmons.)

It has almost been a year since Lincoln last "rid the ride of regurgitation".  Unfortunately, yesterday he came home from the neighbors and on the way home, he had "had a round trip meal ticket". It was a good thing he was outside so he could "fertilize the sidewalk". He had almost made it a year without "doing the Provo mating call"!  I was so bummed out that he had "launched the shuttle".  Fortunately, this particular "chunderchunk" episode was brought on by way too much fruit punch at the local Gringos, and it wasn't one of his famed 15 minute episodes of "reading the toilet".  He only "painted the town green" once and then he was back at his friends, playing it up.  It is now time to start a new streak of not "talking to Ralph up the big white telephone".  (Like much of the things I post, I am not sure what that last sentence even means, but it sounded like a good synonym for "blowing chunks".)

In celebration of this event, I present to you The Richard Simmons Steamer...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Thanks for posting that clip!!! I'm dying laughing! I love Richard Simmons AND David Letterman but I rarely watch his show. FUNNY!