Friday, November 13, 2009

Song of the Day: K'naan - Wavin' Flag

I'm not sure if I can make up for yesterday's clearly bizarre and underwhelming post with a Song of the Day. Sometimes I think maybe I try too hard, and I think that applied to yesterday's post. That and I was in a very strange mood. I have hope that maybe two people out there liked it. If I can touch the lives of just two people, I have done my job.

Anyway, if any song can stem the tide of disappointment, it is this one. This song comes from K'naan. I know, I know, I rarely post hip hop or rap as a SOTD, but I have to make an exception. This guy is terrific and his tunes are catchy. This song, "Wavin' Flag" is unbelievably good and it has recently been announced as the official song of the 2010 World Cup. My thanks to Chris over at Bowling Stone music blog for introducing me to this awesomeness. Making Canadian cyber friends is the best.

No comments: