Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun happenings and exciting summertime daytrips. (TOO MANY PICTURES!)

I have no idea how you ladies have the patience for this garbage. I haven't even started, and I know it's going to take me an eternity to get all these photos posted. I think I would rather just write, but I know there is an audience that wants this sort of stuff, so have at it.

One of the finest, most alluring benefits of teaching is that I have lots of time in the summer. As a result, our family has been taking outings to keep ourselves busy. Here are some staycations that we have gone on recently:

In attempt to do something cool and free, we took my mom, Lincoln's cousin Ryan, my Sister-In-Law and her kids to the Disney Christmas Carol traveling train in Ogden. One look at the line, and it was clear it was not going to be the fun little jaunt we had planned. (3 hours) We let the boys climb on the other trains and then left.



Since we don't spend too much time in Ogden (Sorry my Ogden bank lady groupies), we decided to head on over to the Treehouse museum. This "museum" turned out to be very much like the Children's Museum in SLC where the kids just roamed and played. It turned out to be an okay time though and our visit to Ogden was not completely wasted. (Unlike most of the people that were wandering the downtown streets in Ogden)

Calder was very disappointed that we didn't get to take a ride on the train, so on Friday, we took Trax (a "train" by a 3 year old standards) into the Gateway. There, we had pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen (which is strange since we were in Utah), played in the swine flu fountain and then got us a little Ben and Jerry's. (Still not sure if I got the Ben or the Jerry. I'll get back to you)






























Yesterday, we decided to take a quick trip up the canyon for a hike. The boys had never seen Doughnut Falls. It was not a strenuous hike, but Calder ALWAYS ends up on my shoulders for the majority of these things. He will walk 3 steps and then stand in my way until I put him up there for a ride.




























Ah, the summer is going by way too fast...



This is WAY too many pictures for me. I need a nap.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the pictures Abe!!!! I'm one of the readers who is happy to see them :)

I'm not sure if I've ever been to Donut Falls. Where is it? Your day at Gateway looks like summer fun!

Cheeseboy said...

Uh Tammy - I know you've been there. I went there WITH you while I was dating Cathi. I remember a midget went with us.

Tammy said...

To Donut Falls??? I do remember going hiking with TODD (aka "a midget") but I thought it was to Ensign Peak and I've been there enough times to know it's not Donut Falls.

Cheeseboy said...

Hm, Cathi and I both thought it was doughnut falls. Could be wrong though.

Matilda said...

Swine flu fountain... oh my hell, thats funny... and sadly true! :)

Lori said...

Tam - You dated a midget???

Love the photos, Abe! And, love the boys summer buzz cuts!