Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If you went to my high school and you were not my friend, please don't talk to me.


There are people in life that I love to see.  These include people from my mission, people from Westminster College and a few close friends from high school.  

However, there are a group of people I just loath.  When I see them at the grocery store, I turn and hide.  At a Jazz game, I pretend not to see them.  When I am at Lagoon, I hop in a line and hide my head.  The people of who I speak are people from high school.

During my high school days, I was far from what you might call popular.  Many might call me a loser, but I mostly just stayed in the background and watched things from afar.  I had my close knit group of about 10 friends and I really didn't need the social outlet that high school provides for so many.  As a result, I didn't really socialize or become very acquainted with anyone outside of my social circle.

It seems that now I cannot go anywhere without seeing someone from high school, and they all want to talk to me.  I am not sure why.  In high school they could less about talking to me.  Now they want to know what I do, how many kids I have, who I married, etc.  The other day I saw kid from high school that was way too cool to talk to me.  I tried to hide from him, but I could not escape.  He told me how he lived in Draper and had a job at a law firm or something.  (I wasn't really listening, I was just trying to figure out how to get out of the situation.)  I thought it was interesting that he even knew my name, because I still can't remember his.

The great thing about seeing these people is that they are all almost always surprised that I married Cathi.  Fortunately, she went to my high school and is still way out of my league.  It is funny to see their face when I tell them I married her.  They are almost always surprised.  IN YOUR FACE HIGH SCHOOL LOSERS!


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Awwwwww. That is such a sweet tribute to my sweet sister. I hope she appreciates it because she was one of those popular people . . . just like everyone else who made the "dog squad". :).