Sunday, May 11, 2008

I might get a neck tattoo.


There is this gracious, kindhearted, 60 year old man in my ward.  He is a swell guy, but every time I see him he wants to talk about what he is doing at the gym.  Today, he began the conversation by saying, "I did 3, 462 crunches yesterday!"  He then went on a 45 minute rant about every exercise, stretch and rotation he does daily.

When I say 45 minutes, I mean 45 minutes.  He followed me into the clerks office and I completed balancing the ward checkbook.  He kept talking like I was his personal trainer.  I would nod and say "uh huh...yeah, okay....wow - 32 sets....that is amazing."  That's 45 minutes of my life that I am not getting back.    

I think if I were to get a neck tattoo, people like this would not talk to me.  Maybe a long butterfly or a dragon?  Or maybe I could become a close talker or one of those people that hold your hand way too long when you shake hands.  Those people are weirdos. 

No comments: