Sunday, June 1, 2008

L O S T


LOST takes my breath away with nearly every episode and is the best drama network TV has ever presented.  It is funny, thoughtful, heady and daring all in one breath.  Thursday's season finally was the show's pinnacle.  I started watching it around 11:00 at night and I was only going to watch 30 minutes, but from the first moment, I was so enthralled that I could not keep my eyes off the action.  It was the most astounding 2 hours of television I have ever watched. If the season finale was in theaters, I probably would have paid $8.00 to see it.  (Actually, I would have probably used my free movie passes that I have had for 6 months now.)  

If you have not yet fallen into the L O S T trap, now is not the time.  I think they call it Lost because if you started watching the show after season one, you are completely lost.  You are like a BYU fan at a tailgating party.  If I were you, I would rent season 1 and start there.  

This past season, by far, was the best of the bunch.  The finale topped it all though.  It was filled with twists and turns that I didn't see coming and a shocking conclusion that leaves me yearning for the next season.  It also had a fight scene that is unsurpassed in television quality.  The writers of this supreme technicolor pageantry have created a fantasy world that I enjoy escaping to every Thursday.  As I said before, the best TV drama of all time.  (I say this even after my favorite character on the show, Mr. Echo was killed off the show two seasons ago.)

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Sorry Abe I'm not a "Lost" fan since season 1 ended. But I do have a question for you about the comment you left on my blog. How do you know the same amount of calories are burned as long as the distance is the same? Do people choose to run over walking because the time is shorter but the distance is the same? The book I'm reading said people burn more fat if they exercise at 65% of their maximum heart rate for a longer period of time. Do you use a heart monitor when you run? Thanks for the comment!

Cheeseboy said...

Tammy, I left another message on your blog about this. I don't use a heart monitor when I exercise though. And yes, I think people choose running because the time is shorter and it better for your heart. But it is harder on the rest of your body.

Tammy said...

Thanks for the comment! You can be my personal trainer who answers all my questions :).