Friday, June 20, 2008

The run.

I ran one mile.  My knee started throbbing and it is still very sore.  Rather than make things worse, I just walked home.  I hate to say it, but this puts me way behind on my training schedule and for the first time my goal of running in the marathon is in jeopardy.  I better just rest it some more.  I will keep you updated.

When I came home I decided to mow the lawn.  I limped my way through it.  Is there anything more difficult or frustrating in life than trying to string a lawn trimmer?  I spent 45 minutes trying to ravel and wind that perplexing puzzle.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Brandon will be happy to know someone else spends that much time putting new string in the lawn trimmer! Way to go on all the running....that's a lot of hard work, especially in this heat!

brandi (and tim) said...

Find one of these https://secure.cho-pat.com/products/product.php?product_type=10 and it may help with your knee pain - I sometimes get a lot of knee pain when I run a lot and this has helped so much. It makes running bearable.

~brandi

Tammy said...

Abe it's nice to know that even the greatest have a weak day every once in a while :). Better luck running the next time!