Thursday, June 19, 2008

Boys Rule the House (Day 2)






Day 2 without the mom.








It was a very good day today.  Although the boys woke up at 6:00, the day started well.  I went to work for a couple hours at 8:30.  Grandma left at 10:30 and I thought we would do some swimming.  I got out the old blow up pool and the foot pump.  The boys quickly got on their swimsuits and waited eagerly by the side of of the pool as I blew it up.  It took an hour and a half to blow for it to be fully inflated.  Needless to say, the anticipation turned to boredom and the boys crawled all over the sides.  

After finally inflating the pool, the boys had a quick dip in what was probably 37 degree water.  It was time for Calder's nap.  

After the nap ended the boys swam for 2 straight hours.  The water was much warmer and they loved it.  A couple of neighbor kids came over as well.  As you can see from the pictures, when the slide is wet, Lincoln flies down it and causes a tremendous splashdown.  

We came in and warmed up some frozen Papa Murphy's.  Calder went to bed and Lincoln and I put on the second Jurassic Park movie.  (We are watching the trilogy.) Lincoln lasted about an hour and fell asleep on the couch at 8:00.  He must have been exhausted because he NEVER falls asleep on the couch.  

I am still freaking out about Calder's tongue.  What could that white spot be?  So weird.  I still miss Cathi.  I bet she is curdled up in a ball in the corner of her tent right now, ready to come home.  

I have been keeping the house very clean.  It is strange that when I know that there is no one there to clean up after me, I clean up after everybody.  Sleeping alone was not as fun as I thought it would be.

A good day.  The boys leave for St. George tomorrow with their other Grandma for the weekend. If only that white spot on Calder's tongue would disappear.


3 comments:

Tammy said...

What a fun day!!!!

Lori said...

Abe....I hope you're kidding about blowing that pool up with your OWN MOUTH. You definetly need to get one of those little battery operated pumps....that's what we have and the pool is pumped up by itself in a matter of minutes. I know....get one for Cathi for her Birthday!!!

Lori said...

Oops...I should have read closer. I guess you didn't use your mouth...you used your foot! Still, you should get one of those pumps!