Monday, June 9, 2008

McDonalds & Ducks

McDonalds is the devil.  Every time I set foot in that death trap, I eat too much and leave less than satisfied.  I have a sorry admission to make.  Tonight I ate myself sick.

I was feeling great all day.  I was full of energy after an awful couple of days with my stomach in crapper.  After a visit to the dentist, Cathi suggested that we visit my in-laws.  They, in turn, suggested that we visit Ronald.  Ronald then suggested I visit the bathroom.

I almost always get the same thing at McDonalds.  The two cheeseburger meal with fries.  I almost always end up getting another cheeseburger.  It is the ultimate bait and switch system that they have at that place.  Two cheeseburgers just does not cut it.  Three cheeseburgers makes you sick.  Today I ate three.  Even after mowing the lawn and running three miles, I feel sick.  As soon as I pull open those sticky handled doors and step foot on those filthy red tiles, I have no will power.  

Another thing... what is the deal with all the ducks this year?!  We have had several ducks galavant across our lawn several times in the past three months.  When I go jogging, I see ducks at almost every corner.  There were three ducks that laid eggs at my school this year, as opposed the usual one.  Several of my students had stories of ducks laying claim to their backyards as home.  My sister has also informed me that Tooele has been infestated with the lake rats. Why so many ducks?  I have a theory.

The wet weather this spring put the ducks in an extra romantic mood, if you know what I mean!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I agree with your McDonald's comments even though I don't order the same thing. I've had 2nd thoughts about the place ever since I saw that documentary with the everlasting french fries.

And ducks would be cute to see waddling across
your lawn :). Better than cats!

Thanks for the recommendation on the Patio guy. I'll let you know if we need him next week. And sorry about your dental woes. Maybe you and Nathan can go together :).

Esther said...

I didn't say we had ducks in Tooele. In fact, come to think of it, I've seen a ton in Salt Lake, but none in Tooele.