Sunday, June 29, 2008

I return. Attacked!

Just got back and to my surprise, I seem to be in a blog war with my brother.  It is my first blog fight, so I am not sure what to expect, but I will do what it takes to defend my honor.

I will, step by step, prove that my Mormon Dad Blog is not as cliche as Ike would make you believe.

1. He claims that a Mormon Dad Blog must have one swear word every 3 posts.  Well A) Since mom has got on my case, a swear word has not made a presence on this site. And B) I actually do swear a little in my every day life. Most Mormon Dad blogs only swear on their blogs but would not be caught dead swearing in public.

2. Somewhere on your blog you must show that you appreciate The Office to prove that you are hip.  O.K., got me here Ike.  BUT, I would reference some of my other favorite TV shows instead (Freaks and Geeks or Get A Life) but no one watched those shows.

3. Must tell people about music they never have heard about to try and convert them.  Yes, I do this.  Okay, you've got me on 2 so far.

4. Must have posts that start out, "Please do not be offended by what I am about to say."  Fine, I do this too, but I am not sure why.  I really don't care if you are offended or not.  It is my blog, I can post my opinions about stuff.  I will say this in my defense though - the posts that start that way are far more read than other posts.  I should start every post, "Please do not be offended."

5. Must have at least 4 polls on the side.  Okay, an obvious dig at my site.  Two things in my defense. A) I have never seen another blog with more than one poll.  B) When I started polls, I polled my readers and 88% of them said, "You can never have too many polls!"  People love polls and I am just giving the people what they want.  If the poll wasn't so one sided about having polls, I would not be polling people.

6. Must have a very plain blog.  Got me here.  I have a plain blog.  However, I am thinking of adding wallpaper that is puppies sniffing flowers.

7. Must jack up your comments by having conversations in the comments section.  I like comments.  They give me something to look forward to when I check my blog.  

8. Must make sports predictions.  I used to do this, but then I realized most people that read my blog don't want to read my sports predictions.  I will probably still do it in the future though.

9. Must retell funny stories about adolescent misbehavior. I do this because I love to tell stories.

10. Posts about things you dislike must outnumber positive posts by 2-1 ratio.   Yes, yes... true. 

Yes Ike, my blog, like yours fits the Mormon Dad blog you have described.  But lets let the reading public decide.  Please vote in the appropriate poll on the right.  I know you want to!  

(For those that may be wondering, I am not really in a war with my brother.  His rebuttal to my mom blog blogging was the perfect blog.  I must give him props for his blognation.)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Welcome Back Abe! I've missed your posts AND your comments :). You should embrace the fact that you're a mormon dad blogger. I'm one of the 88% who like your polls. And I'm one who doesn't read when you do a sports prediction because I have no idea what you're talking about!

granny.yospe said...

I love your polls and I love your posts. And welcome back. I love you.