However, if in fact this whole teaching thing goes to pot (which it may, as pot has become the prevalent choice of burnt out teachers) someday, I do have a plan B that I am thrilled about: Cruise Ship Ice Sculpting (A craft I fell in love with on the '99 Spirit of Carnival maiden voyage) In the spirit of over-preparedness, I have already developed a resume on the very likely chance that I someday obtain an interview with a Carnival Cruise Director.
Cheeseboy, Sophisticated Philosophant Extraordinaire
To obtain a position in the charm induced, high paced world of Cruise Ship Ice Sculpting.
EXPERIENCE WITH ICE:
- Family ice block hill sliding championship 3 years running.
- Installed line for self serve ice machine in the refrigerator.
- Use ice frequently to cool drinks - expert in the field of the 7-11 ice machine.
- Sound foundational knowledge of the properties of ice and how to make it.
- Over 11,000 ice cubes made in my freezer over my lifetime.
- Over 39 sharp sticks carved over my lifetime.
- 1989 wood carving merit badge recipient.
- Ability to carve a bar of soap into a much smaller bar of soap.
- Watched 'Groundhog Day' 8 times.
- Extreme chainsaw moxie.
- Two time cruise ship participant. ('99, '00)
- Passed required lifejacket test both times. (But just barely in '00 due to a whistle malfunction)
- Karaoke champion in '99. (Neil Diamond Division)
- 1 year marshal arts training. Self taught.
- Optimistic by nature
- Magician (Total of 2 card tricks)
- Attacked by swan (non-ice)
- Type 70 WPM.