1. Perhaps most importantly , Lincoln made a basket during his Junior Jazz game. It was a surreal moment and I believe he has enjoyed every second of attention that it has garnered him. He is certainly one of the most improved players on the team and he sometimes actually seems to have a clue what is going on. In fact, on the drive home, I heard him tell Ryan that he thought that Ryan was the best player on the team and he was the second best player. I guess scoring one basket kinda went to his head.
2. Chris Buttars is a joke of a human being. He can say whatever he wants about whomever he wants and claim "free speech". However, if he is going to go around spreading hate, he is going to have to take accountability for what he says. He is so spiteful, vindictive and... ugly. Yeah, that's right, you heard me. He's got the face of a fattened alligator. A professional grump.
Further, Buttars claims many of his retired cronies would make excellent teachers. Uh, okay. Right Chrissy, without student teaching, a single course in classroom management and any clue how to deliver instruction, your old legislative "pals" could walk into any classroom and be a shining star. Bring them to me, give them 45 minutes in my classroom and see if you feel the same way. I'm sure their "life experience" will help them know how to teach special needs kids to read. Yeah right. Moron.
3. Cathi and I watched a fantastic movie this weekend. Of course the movie has been out for quite some time and I have been meaning to see it for the same amount of "quite some time". Nevertheless, I finally libraried the thing and we sat down together on Saturday for a warm February's tale.
The flick is called, Lars and the Real Girl. It is about a lonely, shy guy that orders a fake woman on the internet. When she arrives, he believes she is real and everyone in the town goes along with his demented reality in effort to cure him. I found myself laughing out loud and then feeling guilty for doing so. It really is quite gripping and entertaining. I hereby sanction all Blog O' Cheese readers to see it. I expect a full report by next Monday.
3. In and Out is coming to Northern Utah. That's great. Good burgers, fries are average. I will still go to Crown Burger over In and Out any day. That's not to say that I will not accept a free trip to In and Out for those that may be considering taking me there to prove me wrong.
4. I buzzed my head last night. My Principal always says, and said once again today, "It must be spring time, for the annual 'Shearing of the Yospe' has taken place". And thank goodness - I am done with combing.
5. The Utes are looking good once again. Does it make me a pansy that I have not watched a single game this year, except for one on the internet? Stupid MTN.
6. Celine Dion, one of my favorite targets, played at the Energy Solutions Arena last night and I was not there. Humorous aside - my brother Ike is in charge of FM 100's promotions. Well he got a call last night from his FM 100 guy saying that he had set up the FM 100 van outside the arena and put up the sound system. He was going to put on FM 100 over the sound system, but realized that "Soft Sunday Sounds" would be playing and came to the conclusion that playing "Soft Sunday Sounds" while people went into the arena to watch a show on Sunday would probably not be appropriate.
Sorry Celine, maybe I will catch you next time.
7. If you haven't caught Demetri Martin's Show, Real Things with Demetri Martin on Comedy Central yet, it is time you have. Actually, let me give you a suggestion: DVR the show, watch the stand up portions and skip through the skits. The skits are awful, the stand up is amazing. A couple people have told me that I remind them of him, which I take as truly the highest compliment.
8. Finally, if this is not the funniest thing on SNL this season, I am not sure what is. Every time I watch it I can not stop laughing.
justin timberlake snl beyonce single ladies video