Monday, May 10, 2010
PLEASE help me decide if I need HD sunglasses.
Mother's Day was a special day for me. I let my wife sleep in while I fed the boys a bowl full of sugar mixed with a couple grains of cold cereal.
After a healthy breakfast of Sunny D (we were out of "purple stuff") and Fruity O's, we hit the couch for some father son television watching bonding time. Fortunately, Cartoon Network was hosting an all day marathon of Scoobie Doo movies. We were halfway through "Scoobie Doo and the Mystery of the Overanxious Soccer Moms" when this amazing commercial came on:
Now, perhaps am late to the game - as is often the case - and everyone has seen or heard of this fancy, shiny eye-wear. Nevertheless, I saw these glasses and immediately wanted them like I want a Volkswagon Bus painted like a cartoon taxi. I mean, I like watching my HD TV, but what if everywhere I looked was like watching my HD TV?
My life is so incredibly dull. What I want is some clarity, contrast, color and other such settings that I can adjust on my television.
Before I buy these HD sunglasses, I need two things: 1. Your opinion. 2. The following questions answered:
- Do the HD glasses actually make your life more vibrant or just the things you look at?
- What happens if you wear the HD glasses while watching your HD television? Will your brain explode?
- If they are "Euro-style", does that mean I have to start liking techno, going to underground clubs and wearing ultra-skinny jeans?
- Do I have to buy one of those $80 cords to make them work like I did my TV?
-The sunglasses I have now make my world 3D. Everything in the real world is in 3D when I wear them. Will these glasses do that too?
- If I drive a black van, will people mistake me for a rapist?
- I don't want them if I have to wear them when looking in the mirror.
- Are they really worth $10.00 each?! My sunglasses I own now cost $5.
- Is the included visor clip also in HD?
- According to this commercial, I should really take these golfing. Will they help me find my ball when I hit it into the forest?
- Will the HD sunglasses make me more attractive to my wife? (Wait, that was just answered: No. No, in fact, they will make me less attractive to my wife.)
So, what are your thoughts?