Wednesday, September 29, 2010

At the 20 year 80's sitcom reunion...

Benson: ORDER PLEASE! ORDER! Will everyone please take their seats?  Please sit down, we've got a lot of catching up to do tonight.

Tootie: Sorry I'm late everybody.  Natalie fell off the back of Joe's motorcycle and we're pretty sure she broke her hip.  I told her she was too big for the back of that death-trap.

Heathcliff Huxtable: Are they outside?  I am a doctor you know.  I deliver babies in my basement.

Tootie: She'll be fine.  Bull is carrying her over his shoulder to the hospital.  By the way, when are you going to retire Dr. Huxtable? And don't you think it's a little creepy that you have stirrups in your basement?


Heathcliff Huxtable: This coming from a forty year old woman that still goes by the name of "Tootie"...

Balki Bartokomous: That is exactly why we have extended seat motorcycles in Mypos... for the larger ladies of the island.

Tony Micelli: My bike has the 900 horsepower!

Henry Warnimont: OH, HERE WE GO AGAIN!  Will Tony ever shut up about that blasted bike?!

Tony Micelli: So, tell us Henry, how did Punky's breast reduction surgery go?

Joey: WHOA!

Henry Warnimont: Tony, if I weren't 97, I'd climb over this table and punch you right in that Italian face of yours.

Judge Harry T. Stone: I know what would break up the tension - anyone want to see a magic trick?

Cliff Claven: It's a little known fact that magic tricks were derived from Prince Juniper's foray into the mystical world of the pre-pimphood lifestyle in the early 1600's...

Mr. Belvadere: Shut it, sir.  Has anyone seen Wesley.  WES-LEY?!

Ricky Stratton: He's outside hitting on that robot chick.  The one that's pretty and bright with soft curls.


Mr. Belvadere: The girl unlike other girls, Ricky?

Ricky Stratton: Yes, and it's Rick.  Rick.

Mr. Belvadere: Thanks Ricky.  I'm surprised she finally came out of the cabinet.

Ricky Stratton: It's Rick.

Buddy Lembeck: Can we hurry this up?  Charles and I have to meet the girls up at the lake.

ALF: HAAA! I thought you said there was going to be cat on the menu?


Nell Carter: And I thought there was going to be vacuumed fish.

Mike Seaver:  Wha-cha-talkin-bout Nell?

Willis Drummond: Not cool, Mike.  Not cool. By the way where's Boner?

Larry: Hi, my name is Larry and this is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Darryl.

Benson: Would you all please just SHUT UP?

Joey: WHOA!

53 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I was waiting for the ALF moment!

Anonymous said...

Dude that was hilarious! I remember all of these shows. What made you come up with this? Great job!

Donda said...

HAHAHAHA I am doing the Balki dance of joy!

Marlene said...

Thanks for the flashbacks!!! LOVE IT!!! Balki was my favorite!!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Did you copyright this? Hollywood may come calling!!

Gucci Mama said...

I used to want to marry Balki. I kind of still do, actually.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! You forgot Laverne and Shirley! lol

Just SO said...

I loved 80's tv. Awesome. Ah Night Court.

00dozo said...

Heh, heh. Fun trip (down memory lane)!
;-)

Nicole said...

That was pretty darn good! (insert slow nod of approval here) Very good, indeed!

DB Stewart said...

Awesome! Do a sequel man. Consider putting Tootie in a cat-fight with Alexis Carrington.

-stephanie- said...

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.

You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.

This is how I feel about The Blog O' Cheese. Cheers Cheese.

Missy said...

I remember all of these! This is hilarious! Great post!

Living Life said...

That was some flash back. TV sitcoms are just not the same today!

Mary said...

I don't remember all those shows, so I was a little lost...but I liked the parts from the characters I recognized :o)

Kristen said...

and somewhere at a table, Rose could be heard saying: "Back in St. Olaf...."

Tom said...

Flo is a angry that you left her out. she told me to tell you to go "kiss her grits!"

Marnie said...

I forgot about Tootie :0) 80's sitcoms were the best.

Kate said...

FUNNIEST POST! I miss Benson.

MommyLisa said...

You know...just when I thought I could not love you more! :-) This is awesome.

Misfit Mommy (aka the Antichrist) said...

Love it!!

Only one question - when did they finally get Blair to get on a motorcycle? Did Jo threaten to knock her teeth out if she didn't?

Candace said...

This cracked me up! I remembered these....showing my age, I guess. ha! Thanks for stopping by to see me tonight. Have a great Thursday! Candace

W.C.Camp said...

"What you talkin' about CHEESEBOY?" - Did you forget Different Strokes? W.C.C.

Corrina Terry said...

This brought back many memories! How do you DO this stuff??? Amazing!

The Dunham Family said...

I loved Perfect Strangers! The other show that was great was The Greatest American Hero. Remember that dude in the red suite?

The Dunham Family said...

I loved Perfect Strangers! The other show that was great was The Greatest American Hero. Remember that dude in the red suite?

Melinda said...

HAHAHA! The Joey one got me! Good stuff right there, good stuff!

Unknown said...

YES!!! I'm so glad there was a Charles in Charge reference..whew! lol

Kristina P. said...

I think the only I didn't know was Henry Warnimont.

My grandmother has a stuffed Alf on her couch. It's rather creepy, as one would imagine. Or awesome. Take your pick.

Jamie said...

Not all flashbacks are good flashbacks. Thankfully, most of these remind me of such simple times. Ahhh, the memories.

Connie said...

You're crazy! I love it!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This was one of your funnest posts ever, Cheeseboy. Love the bit about the extended seats on Mypos bikes.
xoRobyn

Unknown said...

Haaaa!!! I totally followed that because we are both old! I was waiting for Alex P. Keaton or Mike Seaver to make their entrance, but, hey, you can't include them all. I'm very impressed with that dialogue, you funny boy you.

ScoMan said...

I don't know any of those people.

The Stiffs said...

Love it!

Vanessa said...

Actually, it's "The Ricker".

Copyboy said...

This is just a slice of awesome with a side of awesomer.

Cluttered Brain said...

Ditto on the Cheers comment.
Love your blog. :)

Minnie said...

Definitely needs a sequel, lol.

Aunt Juicebox said...

I hate to admit, I have tried watching Silver Spoons, Family Ties, Charles in Charge and Gimme a Break over the past year on Netflix.....they sucked so bad I almost cried. It's like my entire youth was wasted on crap tv, and I didn't even realize it.

Tracie Nall said...

I remember that show with the robot girl-really weird. What was that called? Now it is going to drive me crazy.

Loving this post.

TisforTonya said...

bwahaha... dying... is it sad that I recognize all of them :)

baygirl32 said...

is it sad I know nealy all of those?

UnicycleRose said...

I get it! You should be a screenwriter...move to Hollywood NOW!

Alexandra said...

Perfect 1980's heaven.

How I remember the Huxtable men sweaters...do you?

ANd...where was ALF?

Melissa {Suger} said...

Sigh. I had to google a couple but soooo worth it. Great post CB.

Claudya Martinez said...

Brilliant!!! Truly brilliant.

Pat Tillett said...

Hilarious! I had so many images flying through my head...
thanks!

Powdered Toast Man said...

Oh how I miss Charles in Charge.

Lourie said...

How about Head of the Class? :P

mCat said...

What is so sad, is that I did the voices in my head while I read them.

Brilliant writing!

Anonymous said...

HA! Good stuff! I'm impressed you had a Lembeck reference!

Marla said...

See what happens when we mothers use TV as a babysitter. You poor brainwashed kid. :-)