Sunday, July 19, 2009

My email to Lagoon Corporate Offices

Email sent to Lagoon Park management at 3:30 PM today. [market@lagoonpark.com] I will post any reply I receive upon receipt. (And this post is dedicated to you Mel - cause I KNOW you LOVE this song!)

Dear Lagoon Management,

I have been visiting your magnificent park for over six decades now. It is a lovely place, with an aura of magicalness and enchantmentness that that commercial corporate bully - Disney can only dream of. Your place has a nice, down home feel to it - sort of like eating carrot cake on the back porch swing.

I would just like to inform you that your current ad campaign, staring the musical styling of "Sonnet", fits the theme and feel of Lagoon perfectly. Her voice is so simple, so sweet, so tender - just like spending a scorching Saturday afternoon with the family at Lagoon. When the advertisement comes on, I hope it never ends, much like a spooky ride on the Terror Ride.

FYI - A funny thing happens when your advertisements come on; my kitties ears perk up and they start walking in circles around the room - almost in a daze. And then, when Sonnet sings, "We could just celebrate", I swear their tails start waving a little faster. It totally makes their day. It's a good thing that your commercial comes on at least 45 times a day. In fact, it just came on now, and little Jasper just jumped on my lap for a good petting. Jasper NEVER jumped on my lap before this current Lagoon advertising campaign! Thanks Lagoon!

So, thank you Lagoon for introducing us to Sonnet. Her music is a joy and her voice charming. Unfortunately, I will be unable to visit your lovely park this year as my ulcer has been acting up and my kitties require four weeks notice before putting them in the kitty kennel.

One final word: Please consider bringing back the fun house. I loved gallivanting through the spinning tube and diving into the ball crawl. I once lost my retainer in the ball crawl, so if you find it, please return it. (He he, I am totally kidding. I know you probably don't still have my retainer. That was like 20 years ago. LOL! He he! No, seriously though, if you find it, let me know.)

Thank you for your time,

Cheeseboy

For those of you living in a deserted desert or a cave, here is the Lagoon song, IN IT'S ENTIRETY!

15 comments:

Lori said...

I agree, great advertising by Lagoon this year! AND, I'd love to see the fun house return!

Tammy said...

This is perfect timing Abe because I just asked Lori on Thursday if this was an actual song or just a Lagoon park song. Now I know!

And I liked the fun house too!

Cheeseboy said...

Well gals, I don't know if you could tell by the tone of my email, but I was being completely sarcastic. I HATE THAT NEW SONG!!!

Gardner said...

I am going to gag!!! No wonder your name is cheeseboy!

Gardner said...

Oh but thanks for dedicating the bolg to me. It is a previlage to be on your blog.

Gardner said...

Okay it is me again. First I can't spell and second did you realize that video is 6 minutes long!!!!!

Cheeseboy said...

I know Mel - I wondered that too. WHO COULD STOMACH THIS SONG FOR 6 MINUTES!?! Ugh - I can barely make the 30 seconds it is on 45 times a day.

I knew that you would appreciate this post though. Hope I get back something from Lagoon!

Ike said...

Reading the comments I know it's already been said - but why in the heck is this song SO long?

lindsey v said...

I have to add to that too. Doesn't she repeat the whole song 2 times just in the first minute? I had to stop listening.

But at least it's different from the old stage show group singing the theme song.

Cheeseboy said...

Guys, it totally disgusts me that this song is 6 minutes long.

However, what may disgust me more is that the singer's name is "Sonnet". What, you do one Lagoon commercial and you are worthy of going by a single name?! And "Sonnet"?! Isn't she a little full of herself?

Cheeseboy said...

Okay, now that I have watched the video TWICE (two times too many) I am not sure what I hate more - the song or the video! Honestly, do we need EVERY single scene of this girl in slow motion? What is with the soft, fuzzy lighting? And what is this striped thing she is wearing - with a miniskirt?? And how many things are there in Lagoon to swing around. Seriously, I want to strangle the makers of this video with my bare hands!

CaraDee said...

I gave up after just under 2 minutes. It's the same song OVER AND OVER AND OVER. And what's up with her slow-mo-ness and being so lame? Hate that song. Don't understand how it could be 6 minutes long. I think she's trying to sound like Regina Spektor.

Green River High School said...

Because of this song we have not been to Lagoon this year.

Kerianne said...

I just tried to play the video but Keri stopped me. She said she hates that song. She also said, " I've heard that song a million times, 24/7, everyday".

I told Keri that her comments would make her 1st grade teacher proud.

Traci said...

Is Sonnet a local artist? Just wondering...
Also, you know who used to be the head head honcho at Lagoon? Your very neighbor Boyd Jensen. Maybe he still has some pull- you and Melanie should talk to him about the annoying-ness of that song