The End of Days Award
I received this award/warning from God from Sir Alex J. Cavanaugh: published Sci-Fi author and all around good guy.
Granted, I am not one to accept every trophy of pomp or endowment of circumstance, but this one is pretty cool. It does comes with strings attached: dark, somber strings that end with the world exploding - unless, of course, Justin Beiber saves us all with his pre-pubescent magical powers and fluffy helmet hair.
Justin, to you, our lives, are in your hands. Or something like that...
|Poster of me because I support blog reading.|
1. Leave lights on throughout the house and turn down the AC two degrees. She HATES this.*
2. Take the boys to McDonald's and get BOTH a value meal AND ice cream.* (I now feel like my stomach is using my internal organs like punching balloons; the kind with the long rubber band that break and leave a welt on your arm.)
3. Blog, watch ESPN and listen to the new Arcade Fire album at the same time.*
4. Play two straight hours of Playstation NCAA Football.
5. Place the dirty dishes in the dishwasher in WHATEVER ORDER I DEEM APPROPRIATE.*
*Things I actually did today. Shhh! Don't tell her.
Finally, I would like to send a special SHOUT OUT to Ernesta at the McDonalds on 11th East and 3900 South! (I know she probably reads my blog. I mean, who isn't reading the Blog O' Cheese nowadays?) Not only does she speak English, she happily went into the back room, dug through a box of toys and returned triumphantly with a smile on her face while holding a Wolverine figurine above her head. This small gesture meant the world to my four year old, who is an absolute Wolverine FREAK!
Sometimes, we focus so much on the bad customer service that we forget to acknowledge the good.
Ernesta, by the way, completely impressed me further when she very patiently waited on a deaf couple after me that had to write out their entire order and took at least 10 minutes. Bravo Ernesta! They should promote you to manager or the person that yells at the fry cooks.