Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Scooter Frenzy!

Well, since the poll held true, and I make all major decisions in life based on polls, I got the scooter.  

It is a 2008 Chinese brand that I cannot pronounce. I think the meaning of the name means "speed demon" but I am not positive. It holds one gallon of gas.  A single gallon.  It cost me 4 bucks to fill her up and will go 80 miles before I have to fill it up again.

This baby is fast too.  I got up to 45 on the way home.  I get a little scared going more than that, but not to worry, I have already got my back road plan to get to school and work.

It was fun to pretend what we were talking about when we bought the thing.  I asked questions like, "What kind of engine is in this thing?"  And, "Where is the crank shaft?"  I have no idea what a crank shaft is, but it made the salesman think, "this guy knows what he is talking about!"   Cathi also asked what "safety features" it had.  He mentioned something about the brakes, but I wanted to know where the airbags came out.  

The bike cost us $1,300.00 and included a helmet and a trunk.  It also included registration and taxes and a 6 month warranty.  It's a good thing, because as soon as I got home, I noticed the fuel gauge wasn't working.  I took it back and watched the guy fix it with some fancy shmantzy tool - a wire hanger!  All seems to be working now and I am set to ride!  I only need to pass a written exam and get it insured.  (It is about $11.00/month to insure.)  I will keep you updated on my test results in future blogs.

10 comments:

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Esther said...

Oooh! I noticed you sprung for the SUPER Edition! Nice.

Cheeseboy said...

I told the guy - I will take nothing less than the super.

brandi (and tim) said...

Woo hoo! I'm kind of jealous, but we already have a scooter around here.

~BRANDI (not Tim)

Tammy said...

Nice Abe! That's very manly and I'm glad you didn't go with a pink one :).

brandi (and tim) said...

What Brandi meant when she mentioned that we already had a scooter is that we have a cat named Scooter. I've tried to ride him to work a few times, but the savings in gas just haven't been worth the scratches.

Are you left handed?

cuz.

Lori said...

Now, that's a nice ride Abe. Maybe I should consider a scooter with a LARGE sidecar to fit all my kids in since I'm in the car shopping stage right now.

Cheeseboy said...

Tim - I am not left handed... I just find it more comfortable to wear my watch on my right hand for some odd reason. As I recall - Aren't you left handed?

Tammy said...

Abe, I always wore my watch on my right arm too so it wouldn't "compete" with my wedding ring. Maybe that's why you do it but subconsciously :)

nmcpheeters said...

OK You say I never comment - here I am!!!! Thou shall not covet!! But I am very envious. Nice scooter & color & especially that little one sitting on the scooter is adorable!!!
Be very careful
Love ya,
Mom in law