Monday, August 31, 2009

So I know the question that is on everyone's mind.


I know what you are all dying to know: How is the potty training going?

Uh...

Calder. He is one unique kid, that is for sure.

He will pee, if we make him go. If I ask him if he needs to go, he always says, "Not right now, later." If we let him do this too many times, he pees his pants. If we forget to make him go, he will not tell us he needs to go and he will pee his pants.

Today, he stood outside our sliding glass door smiling. I asked what he needed through the glass while I sat lazily on the couch. (Getting up would have involved moving.) He just stood and smiled. He then proceeded to pee his pants while I watched. He was still smiling.

Pooping has become an awful trial. Calder knows that he will get in trouble if he actually poops his pants. He therefore hold it in for days at a time. Once the bowels have backlogged and he can hold it in no longer, he lets loose like the horse in front of my horse the last time I went horseback riding. Cathi is never impressed. No... Cathi is usually the opposite of impressed.

One of my least favorite things in life is cleaning poop out of underwear. I mean, it may not be in my top 5 worst things in life, but it is up there.

There are some days that Calder actually does poop in the potty, which is a wonderful accomplishment for that day. Calder, knowing he has become the hit of the potty party then tells everyone, and I mean everyone, how many poops he pooped. "I pooped on the potty today...3!!"

So, you were wondering how the potty training is going?

Uh... yeah. Ask again in five years.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that! I NEVER clean out poopy underwear. That goes straight in the garbage at our house. It's worth every penny just to go buy a new pack of Elmo underpants instead of rinsing out poop! YUCK!

Tammy said...

Ditto to what Lori said!

Mackenzie said...

Double Ditto.

sacdaddy said...

Not only do we clean it out, we hand it down. Our two year old is wearing the same underwhere our 7 and 4 year olds did.