This post was inspired by a post by a good blog friend, Pedaling Fast. The post can be found here. Essentially, it involves this poster she saw at my least favorite "University", BYU:
The following is a transcript of the above class...
- Well, I suppose we should get started even though it looks like a lot of people are running late.
- No, we'll wait. Okay, I suppose we'll wait a few more minutes.
- Alright, it's really time we get started. Thank you for coming today. I appreciate your patience as we have had to reschedule this class 16 times. We've finally found time to make this happen!
- Today's lecture will be on "Overcoming Procrastination". Our guest speaker, Donald Feinstein is running a bit late so I will be covering until he gets here.
- Alright, it looks like a few more people are just now showing up, so I am just going to wait a minute or two to let everyone get settled.
- Thank you, everyone for coming. As you may have heard, Dr. Feinstein is running a little late, so I will be lecturing until he gets here. Actually, before I start, could I have each of you stand up, state your name and tell us why you are taking this class? Also, could each of you tell us something unique or funny about yourself? Since there are roughly 112 people here, I'll go last...
- Thank you everyone, that was very informative. I think I will tell you about myself next time as we are running out of time. Dr. Feinstein just called and he said he probably won't be making it tonight, so I'll be doing the majority of the talking.
- Before I begin, I'd like each of you to take out a piece of paper and write a list of 50 things you procrastinate about. No, not 50, we better make it 100. Go with 100.
- Okay, put your pencils down. Now what I'd like you to do is think - really think - about your list. I'm going to turn off the lights and turn on some music while you contemplate your lists. We'll do this for the next 35 - 40 minutes.
- [Turns the lights on.] Well everyone, great session today. Unfortunately, we're completely out of time. Our next meeting will be in 2 and a half months. Dr. Feinstein promises to be back, but you never really know with that guy.
- Remember, you are going to need to bring your Yoga mats for our next session. You might want to wait until they go on sale. There is really no hurry to go buy one. No hurry at all. See you next time!