Wednesday, August 10, 2011
If my family was Amish...
- But fatha, we can't outen the lights and head outside. We're on the 7th level! One more and we've cleared the board. We're so close! Pleeeeeease papa!
- You've been playing that blasted thing for hours now. How is it that yuns children can just sit and stare at that wood board all day?! I tell yuns, it wonders me. It wonders me something fierce.
- But fatha, we love this game! We can never eat ourselves full of it.
- You know, yuns eyes are going to turn into creamed corn or dippy ecks by staring at that wood all day.
- [Crying] Fatha, fatha! We are almost to the 7th level. PLEASE don't make us go outside!
- I careth not about the 7th level. Your brutzing is unbearable. Now go outside and spin a that wheel thing with a stick or something.
- [Still crying] But fatha, it's spritzing outside and we haven't... I mean, I'm on my last life! Just a few moments more, fatha.
- It is not spritzing. T'is a lovely day outside. Now, I'm going to take that drat thing and chuck it in yuns corn husks over yonder! Now goeth outside and DO SOMETHING! NOW!
- Papa, we promise we won't play for the rest of the day and we won't be nix nootz children.
- Look here, children, it's mox nix. Either yuns get outside and run around like right like children or I taketh your little game and smash it into pieces.
- [Crying] Alright fatha, alright.